Community Terms and Conditions
This terms of service agreement (“Terms”) sets forth the terms of Law Venture Dot Com, LLC (“we,” “our,” or “us”)'s community and online forum (collectively, “Community”).
The Community serves as a go-to destination for plaintiff's lawyers. These Terms are designed to ensure the Community maintains a healthy and safe place for plaintiff's lawyers to exchange thoughts, ideas, and strategies.
Every Community user of ours agrees to abide by these Terms and is responsible for any violations. You are not allowed to assist or engage others in a way that would violate these Terms. We will enforce and ensure compliance with these Terms by using methods we consider to be appropriate.
By registering for or using Community, you agree to these Terms.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time without giving you prior notice. You can find the most recent version here. Your use of the Community following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms as modified. You agree to review the Terms on a regular basis and always remain in compliance.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW (WHICH MAY INCLUDED THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. WE EXPLAIN SOME EXCEPTIONS BELOW.
1. Access to Community
With each use of the Community, you are making the following representations:
(1) You are a plaintiff's lawyer; and
(2) You have a license to practice law that is in good standing.
In using the Community, you are also agreeing that you will NOT use the Community's content to assist in the defense of a civil action and/or insurance company.
For those permitted to use the Community, you will be provided access to use the Community according to these Terms. We may use third-party-service providers to provide some or all elements of the Community. In order to access and use the Community, you may be required to establish a username with a third-party-service provider, and you grant us the right to share the information necessary to enable your use of the Community with such providers.
You may not use a username that: (1) belongs to someone else; (2) impersonates another person; (3) is misleading; (4) violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights; (5) is vulgar or offensive; (6) uses "Law Venture" as all or part of it, unless we provide express written permission to do so; (7) we reject, which we may choose to do in our discretion. All information you provide in your profile must be accurate. If you believe your access to or use of the Community has been breached, compromised, or unauthorized, notify us immediately through this form.
You are required to follow the Community Guidelines.
2. Eligibility to Use Community
You are not permitted to use Community a) if you are not a plaintiff's lawyer, b) we have previously suspended or disabled your account for violations of our terms and policies, c) we do not direct our services to your geographic territory, or d) you are otherwise prohibited under applicable laws from using our services. If you are using Community on behalf of an organization, then you are entering into these Terms on behalf of the organization, and you represent that you have the authority to bind the organization to these Terms.
3. Our Messaging Policies
You must not use Community to transmit any content or data that is unlawful, that infringes any intellectual property rights, or that otherwise violates our policies. If you think someone is sending messages in violation of our policies, please contact us.Though we have no obligation to do so, we may access, review, block, or delete your messages at any time and for any reason, including (i) to provide and develop Community, (ii) if we think your messages violate these Terms, (iii) you have not fully completed registration with Community, and (iv) to comply with applicable law or any request or requirement of a court, law enforcement or other administrative agency or governmental body. For any messages sent or received, we do not guarantee: (a) the suitability or legality of such messages; (b) the truth or accuracy of such messages; (c) the performance or conduct of people within the Community; or (d) who is permitted to access and use Community on their behalf.
By registering with Community, you agree that Community may use your information to send you emails and other messages, including for our marketing purposes and informational purposes (such as updates to our service).
4. Acceptable Use
You will use the Community for its intended purpose only, and will not use it for solicitation or advertising purposes, unless we otherwise agree in writing.
The Community is meant for public discussion, so you may not disclose or solicit anyone's private information or disclose confidential information. You are responsible for the use by third parties of any personal information disclosed by you to the Community, whether or not you permitted such use.
In addition, and without limiting the other requirements in this Community, you may not (directly or indirectly) use the Community with content, or in a manner that:
- is in violation of this Agreement;
- is confidential or proprietary
- is threatening, abusive, harassing, stalking, or defamatory;
- is deceptive, false, misleading or fraudulent;
- is invasive of another's privacy or otherwise violates another’s legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
- contains vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material;
- infringes a third party's intellectual property right(s);
- publishes, posts, uploads, or otherwise distributes any software, music, videos, or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you have all necessary rights and consents to do so;
- uploads files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person's computer;
- downloads any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in that way;
- falsifies or deletes any author attributions, legal or proprietary designations, labels of the origin or source of software, or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- restricts or inhibits any other user of the Community from using and enjoying Law Venture;
- harvests or otherwise collects information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any Law Venture website or interferes with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Community;
- mirrors or frames Law Venture, or any part of it, on any other website or webpage;
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Community, or access the Community by any means other than through the interface that we provide to you;
- violates the usage standards or rules of an entity affected by your use, including without limitation, any ISP, ESP, or news or user group (and including, by way of example, and not limitation, circumventing or exceeding equipment use rights and restrictions and/or location and path identification detail);
- is legally actionable between private parties; and/or
- is in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
5. Our Use of Your Content
You grant to us all rights, licenses and permissions necessary to display, reproduce, disseminate, and otherwise use the content you post in the Community or on Law Venture ("Your Content"). We may edit or remove Your Content, or block or disable replies on a topic, at any time in our sole discretion. You also grant us the rights to re-use Your Content to market and promote Law Venture, such as on our website, in public or private presentations, press releases and interviews, or in connection with our sales and marketing and other publicity efforts. We will endeavor to work with you before re-using Your Content.
The laws of certain jurisdictions may not allow limitations on implied warranties or conditions. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the below disclaimers might not apply to you.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- Community is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement;
- we do not represent or warrant that (i) Community will always be secure, error-free, or timely; (ii) Community will always function without delays, disruptions, or imperfections; or (iii) any messages you send or receive via Community will be timely or accurate; and
- we take no responsibility and assume no liability for any messages that you, another user, or a third party send or receive via Community. You agree that you may be exposed to messages that might be offensive, illegal, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate, none of which we will be responsible for.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our shareholders, employees, affiliates, associated companies, licensors, agents, and suppliers (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”) will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, punitive, or multiple damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use Community; (ii) the conduct or content of other users or third parties via Community; or (iii) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your messages, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with Community or any Third Party Materials is to stop using Community.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and hold us and our Affiliated Entities harmless from any losses, including legal fees and expenses, that directly or indirectly result from (i) your messages; (ii) your use of Community; (iii) your violation of any laws or regulations; (iv) third-party claims that you or someone using your password did something that, if true, would violate these Terms; (v) any misrepresentations made by you; or (vi) a breach of any representations or warranties you’ve made to us. We reserve the right to employ separate counsel and assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In such an event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as we reasonably request.
Except for disputes that qualify for small claims court, all disputes arising out of or related to these Terms or any aspect of the relationship between us (including any communications between us), whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury. You agree that we are each waiving the right to trial by a jury. Such disputes include, without limitation, disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this arbitration provision, including the enforceability, revocability, or validity of the arbitration provision or any portion of the arbitration provision. All such matters will be decided by an arbitrator and not by a court or judge.
9. Other Terms
- You use Community at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations while doing so. We may limit Community’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction.
- Unless a mutually executed agreement between us states otherwise, these Terms make up the entire agreement between us regarding Community and supersede any prior agreements regarding the subject matter of these Terms.
- These Terms do not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agent, or franchisor-franchisee relationship between us.
- Except as expressly set forth herein, there are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
- If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- If any provision of these Terms is found unenforceable, then that provision will be severed from these Terms and not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.