Tips and Terms for Guest Posting
- The post must be incredibly useful to future and/or current lawyers. We require quality, not fluff.
- The article must be at least 1000+ words of original concepts, compelling arguments, and high-quality writing.
- We prefer the listicle format so busy readers can quickly and easily digest the content.
- We want posts that provide our readers with actionable tactics and strategies (e.g., 10 or more solid takeaway tips) backed by step-by-step breakdowns on how to execute them.
- The author of the article must be a subject-matter expert with a well-established web presence. Or if the article is a review of sorts, then you must have first-hand experience with the subject matter.
- It is preferred that the author has written related articles on other high-quality websites and has an active social media presence on sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- The article must reflect the writing style/tone of the Law Venture brand, which aims to be a balance of casual, helpful, and professional. Please avoid writing like... well a lawyer. This means that your paragraphs shouldn't be long blocks of text. Leave the brief writing for the appellate courts.
- Be sure to spell check and grammar check before submitting it.
- Submissions must meet Law Venture's quality standards in order to get published.
- If we determine the article is in bad shape or not a good fit for any reason it may be rejected at our editors’ discretion.
- Articles must hyperlink
to original sources of data, quotations, and outside content referenced in the article. Just be sure that the original sources are high quality, relevant, and add value to the readers.
- It is a bonus when the article hyperlinks to other Law Venture content.
- Law Venture reserves the right to remove any links or content we consider offensive, harmful, spammy, or overly promotional at our discretion.
- It is recommended that no more than one link to your company’s website in the body of the post. Again, any links must be relevant and provide value to the readers.
- We will not republish anything that’s been published elsewhere and you cannot republish your guest post to your own blog, LinkedIn (author post), Medium, or elsewhere, once it has been accepted for publication on Law Venture.
- By submitting your guest post to Law Venture, you are affirming that the content is original and has not been and will not be republished elsewhere.
- By submitting your guest post to Law Venture, you also agree that if your article is accepted and published on this site, it will become the sole property of this website.
- Law Venture reserves the right to edit and adapt your content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. This includes the right to edit all aspects of the content, including grammar, tone, formatting, titles, headlines, length, etc.
- Law Venture also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to our content. This includes, but is not limited to, email newsletters, ebooks, and other Law Venture content.
- You’re welcome to include original images and/or screenshots (no stock photos) for the body of the post.
- Due to the volume of submissions, we’re unable to respond to every pitch. But we do try to review every submission within 72hrs.
- When you make your pitch, it’s helpful to include a summary of the article and examples of other articles you have written on high-quality sites.
- If you are invited to write a guest post, we cannot guarantee that your article will be published, but we will review it and make a yes/no decision on publication.
- Please submit your article pitches and/or draft copy in a Google Doc. In doing so, please provide the link to the Google Doc in the contact form below. Be sure that the Google Doc allows those with the link to view the document.
- Please also include a brief ‘about the author bio’ summary, a professional-looking headshot, and your social-media handle.
IMPORTANT: By submitting your guest post through this website, you are agreeing to the above terms. Please read them carefully.
Want to Team Up with a Guest Post?